Over time all of us accumulate items and family paintings that, although we are sentimentally attached to them,do clutter our lives. In some instances these things find a place to be exhibited in our homes, but in the vast majority of cases we end up with cupboards and attics stuffed to the brim with things we don’t have any use for, although we cannot bear to throw them away. However, if we are honest our homes are often filled to the brim with things that don’t justify throwing away but do have to be cleared into storage. This guide of five simple steps will explain how to de-clutter your house quickly and efficiently causing minimum disruption in the process.
• Be Ruthless -this is the hardest of things for us all to perform. It is, but the number one reason for our cluttered predicament. The issue we have is that we become attached at a sentimental level and it can sometimes cloud our judgement. We will need to be brave and ruthless when we de-clutter; if you do not use it, need it or love it, it goes.
• Strong plastic containers are best – when de-cluttering the worst thing you can do is to have a collection of inferior boxes accumulated from your neighborhood supermarket, using old boxes with half of the side missing and shirts ripped off will simply not do. At worst you need to pack away your de-cluttered things into proper packing boxes like removal companies use. The best thing to use, are custom designed Wildlife Removal Round Rock that fit and clip on. These will keep your precious belongings safe while they’re packed away and free of dust and dirt.
• Produce an inventory before you start packing everything away make an inventory. Get a pad and write a list as you pack items into the boxes. Closely connected to this tip is another tip we have.
• Label the boxes there is nothing worse than realising that you need to get something out of storage and you have no idea which box it’s in. The solution? Label the boxes and linked to our previous tip set the number of the box onto your stock list at the top of each page. So as you write your list set the box number at the peak of the inventory page to create an accurate record that will make it easy to locate particular items should they be needed. There are other ways of enhancing this process by packaging things by room or in alphabetical order.
• Self-Storage finally move your boxes to your preferred self- storage facility. There are several real benefits of using self- storage; if you do pack something away in your de-cluttering exercise which you need, and you have created your inventory, it is extremely simple to recover your items. Most self-storage facilities have easy access, so regaining your possessions is straightforward. Knowing that your favourite items continue to be accessible and can be recovered at a moment’s notice makes the process of de-cluttering easier.